Sunday, March 20, 2011

Been hard to get much done lately.  THis is one of the rainiest months we've had here in a long time, and work's been a b&^*$ to boot.  Frustrating to have work interfere with your one major form of stress relief from work.....anyway....

Gunwale trim is in, and I've started applying an interior finish.  The first coats are a mix of BLO, spar varnish, turpentine, and a little tung oil, along with some japan drier to set it off.  Looks pretty good.  My plan is to cover the oil base with straight satin varnish, and gloss varnish for the seats and rails.  Outside will be all white paint.

 
 

The gunwales turned out OK.  This shot shows the cover strips I put in my last post.  The are now glued in and smoothed into the outwales.  
Next up is moving into the garage to begin finishing off the exterior.  I plan to go over all the seams with fiberglass tape.  Then I'll move to paint.  Then the bottom rub strips willl go on.  Then some oarlock pads, and finally, the last coats of varnish will have it finished. 


No comments:

Post a Comment