Monday, February 28, 2011

Thwarts are in.

Weather has been crappy, so tough to get much done.  I did manage to get the 4 seats in place.  After putting the risers in, I realized there was an unfair spot at the ends.  So I loosened up the risers, put the outwales on, and reset the risers.  That faired it right back up.  Turns out the risers were strong enough to pull the sides in a bit, pulling a couple of spots out of line.  Anyway, here are the pics with the seats and outwales installed.  I also have some breasthooks cut to cover the ends of the stems, but they will go on at a later time.




I'm not planning to put inwales on the boat, but I am going to cover up this plywood edge...
 ...with a piece of trim wood.  This will go right along the tops of the outwales, essentially turning them into a rabbeted outwale, to cover the ply edges. 
Next I need to round off the frame tops, fit the breasthooks into place, and do some glue clean up.  After that, I'll be ready to move the boat indoors where I can flip it and apply some polyurethane paint to the bottom!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment